Overhauling and improving windows to provide a cost-effective alternative to replacement
Poorly performing windows present a number of problems to building operators – from heat loss and gain and noise intrusion to Health & Safety risks.
Aluminium and steel windows have a long life span, although components and double glazed units can fail their effective operation.
Trained in a variety of glazing systems, we can often upgrade existing windows and repair them. We hold a stock of various parts and components including replacement gaskets from obsolete designs, tilt and turn mechanisms, sliding sash counterbalances, handles, hinges including friction stays.
Other ways to upgrade existing windows include:
- Glass replacement to a higher specification
- In some instances double glazed units can be installed to replace single glazing
- Solar control and safety film application
- Seals, gaskets and brush pile can be replaced – we even hold stock of some obsolete designs
- Components such as counterbalances can be replaced to restore full operation
- Window furniture can be overhauled or replaced